After a long time of waiting, finally, Google’s Gboard comes to Android. Some months ago, Google released a fancy keyboard app for iPhone called Gboard, and lots of Android users was wondering if it would come to Android. Now, you can grab the Gboard For Android too.
But it is not another keyboard app from Google. Instead, Google has replaced the Gboard for its default keyboard app (Google keyboard.) So, you have to update your Google Keyboard app from the Google Play Store.
At the time of publishing, Gboard is not updated on Play Store yet although you can download Gboard APK file from below link.
This new update includes all the feature of iPhone Gboard. You know that Google’s Gboard has integrated with Google search so that you can find almost everything within the keyboard app. You can see some key feature of Gboard below.
Update: Gboard v6.1
- The latest version of Gboard v6.1 now supports for translate languages within the keyboard app so now you can simply translate any languages into your native language right from the Gboard app.
- The Gboard v6.1 also comes with an updated theme selector. The updated theme selector now divides into three parts including solid color themes, recently used themes, and Landscapes.
Google’s Gboard Features
- You can find places, restaurants, time, weather information, NEWS, and much other information from the keyboard, even without exiting the current app.
- Users may able to quickly find GIF images while they are chatting with their friends through the Instant messengers or other services.
- There is an option to search emoji.
- Multiple language support.
- Supports for one-handed mode and themes.
- Gesture typing feature.
You Might Also Like: Download Google’s PhotoScan For Android
Google Keyboard v6.0
The latest version of the Google Keyboard v6.0 comes with the same user interface that how looks the previous version of the Google Keyboard v5.2. But after installing the new Gboard, you may able to see some important changes in the latest Google Keyboard.
You can see the Google’s icon just above the keyboard. Once you tapped the Google search icon, Gboard app will be shown you a search field; you can search anything and send them to your friend through your usual messaging app, or you can attach it to an email. In addition to that, you can also see some shortcut icons at the top of the keyboard. Using those shortcuts, you can quickly jump into Gboard settings, switch to the one-handed mode, or you can change the theme of your Gboard keyboard app.
See Also: Google’s Trusted Contacts App for Android
Download Gboard For Android
Gboard app is entirely free to use. Gboard app is not updated on the Google Play Store yet. However, you can download Gboard for Android from the APK Mirror or other APK hosted websites. File size around 24 MB. It will work on Android 4.2 and higher version. If you have trouble with installing the APK file on your Android, then read my previous article to learn how to install APK file on Android.
Updated: Now Gboard on Google Play Store (2016/12/17)
Google has officially updated Gboard app on Google Play Store so that you can download Gboard app directly from the Google Play Store instead of downloading Gboard APK file. (I have given Google Play link below to download the app)
Gboard APK Mirror Link: http://bit.ly/GboardAPK